We proactively engage with and support the University of Washington's commitment to creating a diverse business environment.
The University of Washington will utilize businesses whose ownership is representative of our diverse and local community.
What We Do:
- Seeks to assure equality of opportunity for small, minority, and women-owned businesses
- Conducts business opportunity fairs and provides information on how to do business with the University
- Provides training opportunities and educational forums for businesses
- Supports UW departments and schools/colleges in sourcing qualified businesses
- Encourages the University's larger suppliers and contractors to develop and expand their commitment to business diversity with their suppliers and subcontractors.
- Recommends qualified businesses become certified as minority or women business enterprises with the State Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises.